So I cooked earlier today,
Moroccan Style Meatballs in Coriander Cumin and Tomato Sauce
Preparation time: 20 mins / Cook time: Approx. 30 mins.
1 pound of mince beef
1 egg white
Spice mix (Coriander, cumin, salt, pepper, minced onion, minced garlic, tomato puree)
2 tbsp of Olive Oil
1/3 cup of minced onion
1 tbsp of minced garlic
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 can of italian diced tomato puree
4 red chili (chopped)
5 olives (chopped)
Salt & pepper
1. In a large bowl, mix minced beef, egg white and spice mix. Form into meatballs, about the size of ping-pong balls.
2. Pre-heat frying pan using cooking oil, in a medium-high heat. Add meatballs, cook for about 6-8 mins.
3. Set aside.
4. In another pan, pre-heat saucepan using olive oil, medium heat. Add onion, saute until soft. Add minced garlic, wait until 2 mins.
4. Pour tomato puree, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 mins, add red chili and olives.
5. Take the meatballs into the pan and mix it with the sauce until warm through, approx. 5 mins.
6. Serve with mash potato, or white rice.